Believe in HBCUs Mixer
This convening is designed to facilitate a dialogue between HBCU’s, Community Partners, Advocates, and the Universities within the EQUATE network. This discussion will aid identifying synergy and opportunities for collaboration to improve Maternal Health.
Date: June 9th, 2023
Time: 11-3 pm ET
Location: MLK Jr Student Center at St. Augustine’s University
Virtual attendees: You can access the Mixer at this link
Event Social Media: #BelieveBirth on Twitter & Instagram. We encourage you to contribute to our Mixer Jamboard to share ideas and inspiration here.
The BELIEVE Team is excited to see you soon. We want to thank you for your support and willingness to connect, build, support, and celebrate. We look forward to spending time with you and look forward to changing Black maternal health. It isn’t too late to invest and donate. Learn more and make a donation today.
We BELIEVE in HBCUs, Black joy, and YOU!
Objectives we hope to accomplish as we gather and have meaningful discussions at the Mixer:
- Identify potential collaborative opportunities
- Begin networking and building relationships between institutions
- Identify next steps for the projects within the EQUATE network
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Virtual attendees – For those tuning in on Zoom, Imani will be your technical assistance support. Her contact is below. You will be emailed the final agenda and Zoom details prior to the event.
- Parking and Shuttle – North Hills Transportation Services will be providing shuttle services from the host hotel to Saint Augustine University. Shuttle services will start pick-up at 10:00 am from the Marriott Hotel to the MLK Center at St. Augustine’s University.
- For those who are driving to campus, please park in the gravel lot behind the MLK Center and the transportation service will pick you up and bring you to the building.
- Attire – Rep your school or organization. Please wear comfortable clothing and be as casual as you would like. Those attending virtually can rep their school/organization via virtual background.
- Accommodations – There are dietary options and accessibility options for reading, listening, and event space access.
- Travel Details- For those traveling and requiring hotel stay, accommodations will be at the Marriott Center City, 500 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601 – (919) 833-1120
- Social Media – Please share live mixer event coverage using #BelieveBirth (primary) and include program and partner hashtags: #BELIEVEinHBCUs #BELIEVEIPE #P3EQUATENetwork #EQUATEHERN. We will be encouraging live posting for quotes, photos, captions, and more.
- Photography and Videography – Live event photography and videos are being captured, including a Zoom photo. Contact SuzanneW@med.unc.edu if you have any questions or concerns about live coverage and event promotion. During registration, you should have agreed to the photo consent form.
Event Contact – Imani Clark at Imani_Clark@med.unc.edu.
Event Feedback – We are listening to you about ways we can better elevate Black learners, celebrate Black Joy, and have more streamlined, impactful events. Please share feedback and overall takeaways about your experience at these events.
We’re thankful to the EQUATE Network and Amerian Heart Association for supporting this event.